Friday, October 21, 2005

Buttered Parsnips

Okay, I've been on a little bit of a halloweenie kick lately and that's fine, but I NEED to take a break from that and deal with something else this time. Chinese food. Like every family we go out to dinner from time to time, one of our favourite spots is 'The Dragon: Chinese and American food.' We've been coming here since I can remember and it was always pretty decent food, well they recently remodeled and changed the menu to reflect every other americanized chinese restaurant, its still good, just different. Anywhoo, to move the story along, we finished our dinner and got to the best part, the fortune cookies. Everyone got pretty generic fortunes such as 'Good fortune is on it's way.' you know what I mean. then I opened my chosen cookie to find this:
Hard words break no bones, fine words butter no parsnips.
??!!!
I'll leave you to ponder those words and please, let me know if it makes any sense to you.

No comments: